Lately my posts have been Thinking Particles-centric, mostly based on tests. Unsurprisingly, this post is also a TP test, but it wasn’t about testing TP itself, but using Net Render and distributed rendering with cached particles.
This was rendered over 6 computers, and particle behavior as well as MoDynamics was consistent throughout.
A fairly simple setup, too:
1) Instead of generating TP Geometry, put your TP groups inside a Matrix Object (set to Generate Matrices Only).
2) Add a Cloner Object and set it to Object Mode – link your Matrix Object to the Object field in the Cloner.
3) You might have to tweak the Particle Scale field in your Matrix Object to have your emitted/cloned objects be the same scale as your original setup.
4) Add a Mograph Cache Tag to the Cloner; let it do its thing.
5) Disable any Particle Emissions (you can even delete your Emitters, but not the TP Groups).