This isn’t a finished render, but it’s no longer a work in progress. It’s basically abandoned and this is as far as it’s going.
This is a technique that I’m not really used to: low poly modeling for optimized performance in an external app. That’s right, it’s an environment that’s to be loaded in a 3D engine, so keeping a low poly count is crucial.
In this case, most of the scene consists of 6 buildings consisting of 6 poly’s each, then repeated over and over. The slightly higher poly models are the grassy plazas, the arc in the center, and the one car in the scene.
I’d say this scene was about 60% done – I did a test render and realized the textures were a little too gritty/dirty. So I stopped building structures and lit it real quick, rendered it out, treated it a bit and called it a day. Back to the drawing board!